My name is Jason and this blog is about bikes and biking, plain and simple. I don't claim to be a gear head, a former pro, a hipster or an afficionado. I just like to ride my bicycle.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

News Flash... and Random Aside

Below is a link to what may very well be the best story about cycling of all stories about cycling ever written. Now some of you skeptics might be saying to yourselves, "Surely not. Think of Lance's comeback from cancer tour victories. Lemond's gloriously narrow TT win over Fignon. Any of the cannibal or badger's celebrated exploits in the heyday of cycling nicknames. Or better yet, more stories of Spanish riders testing positive for eating bad food and Saran Wrap."  Well to those who would doubt I only suggest you follow the link and decide for yourselves. Perhaps I'm wrong...but I doubt it.

Greatest Bike Story Every Told

On an entirely unrelated note...to the greatest bike story ever told that is...I would assert that while Volvo may indeed make the safest vehicles on the planet, these feats of Swedish engineering perfection attract some of the unsafest of drivers.  That's an opinion of course, I'm still doing my homework on the figures but I'd say I'm definitely on to something. If you need empirical evidence for your own then by all means get on a bike and ride around the Denver Highlands around rush hour...in the bike lane...preferably with children about (Those Volvo's are magnets for children, I saw a commercial on it once.  And I almost saw some serious magnetic power this afternoon but not quite in the manner the makers of Volvo may have intended.)  Apparently the 'safeness' feature of this guy's Volvo must have been an option he decided he didn't need; in favor of a better stereo, wood paneling, a talking map or something important like that. Maybe Volvo needs a disclaimer at the end of their ad with the taxes titles and fees gibberish. Something like, "Safety implied. Not standard for morons."

8 comments:

  1. Yes, but now the most famous nerd you know...at least in terms of the world of small town Colorado media...and that's big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for 12 days of Lookout.
    and Katherine for Coroner, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one that noticed the Katherine for Coroner ad on the side of the story. She's got my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what her opponent said?
    "over my dead body..."

    hello? where'd everyone go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Out of my cold dead hand..." Coroner and NRA supporter...no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going door to door for my favorite coroner candidate. Now that the polls are open I'm back to stumping for bikes.

    ReplyDelete